Tuesday, June 10, 2008

THANKS COACH SABAN


Just one personal note on the Saban Scholarships, what a great opportunity!


I was a first generation college student and to have this head start would have taken a lot of stress off of my family. I'm sure my story is not different from a lot of first generation students. I started a semester and then had to sit out and get a job to save more money to go back for a semester and the cycle lasted for 6 years. As you know, most students don't return after sitting out a semester. A commitment like this will take away those missed semesters.


What a terrific gesture from a family that doesn't know the lives they will impact with their donation... but give anywhere. If you ever doubt how committed the Saban's are to the University, just think about giving 1/4 of your salary as a scholarship donation to your favorite school... how committed would you have to be to do that?

No comments: